a mud corner...done!

The mud corner that I blogged about in this post is officially a done-for-now area! We had a lot of inspiration from Better Homes and Gardens Magazine and of course from my obsession with Pinterest.

We went from this messy, unorganized and "muddy" area,



To this beautiful, organized and bright corner! (That little sprout of hair at the bottom right is Brookie Page's head! Isn't it just adorable?!)


As you can see above, we used beadboard and trim and painted it in a semi-gloss white. Just to make it easier on ourselves, we decided to do the two levels of beadboard on only the area where the hooks were. This way we wouldn't have to rework the wiring for that sconce. And the first level of trim hits right above the light switch so that we didn't have to redo that either. Phew!

Don't-cha just love these hooks! I got these on sale at Hobby Lobby for super cheap. They are the initials of our first names! The kids' hooks are on the lower level and mine and Johnathan's are on the top level.



My mom bought me this cool rattan ottoman a while back from an antique store (although I know it's NOT an antique) for $20. I am thinking of painting it a bright color, but for now, I am leaving it natural. What do you think? Color or natural?



On the other side of the mud "corner," I added this simple mirror. It reflects the light coming in from the back door and makes this space much brighter during the day.



On the back door itself, I sewed up some new curtains...from what you may ask? The linen is an Ikea dish cloth and the green and white stripe is an Ikea bed sheet! They work perfectly with the color scheme.


I still have no solution to the shoe storage. I just basically cleaned out the old bin, and we keep ONLY outside shoes in there...unlike before when it was every pair of shoes each kid owned. Once I figure out that element of the corner, I'll let you be the first to see! ;  )


Show me the way I should go, for to You I lift up my soul. ~Psalm 143:8

No comments:

Post a Comment