a kids' bathroom that's off da hook!

We have done a ton of updates to the kids' bath over the years. Before we even had kids, it was our master bath until we added on our master bedroom addition. And it was ewww, let me tell ya.

For the kids, I wanted it to be fun, whimsical, and to keep it light and bright. We added the beadboard and trim several months ago. Thank you handy father-in-law! It adds protection to the walls from the wear and tear of kids, and just made it more aesthetically appealing. We also added a new sink and faucet. Thank you dad!

To dress up the window and still allow a lot of light to come in, I created these curtains from, you guessed it, a shower curtain! Sorry, not the best pic.


It was on clearance at Target for $7...you can barely get a yard of fabric for that much, and this shower curtain was at least three yards! In a fun, bright color! And I still have more left for another project! Score! I added the rick-rack for a touch of whimsy.

For storage, I've tried to think out-of-the-box...or vase for that matter. One of the quirky things I've used in here is a pretty milk vase to hold their toothbrushes and toothpaste. Cute, don't ya think?


I wanted each of the kids to have their own spot to hang their towel. My mom and I found these hooks and turquoise trim at the World's Longest Yard Sale. My dad attached them together and then to the wall, and there ya have it! An off da hook bathroom!...you can laugh now.



The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy. ~Psalm 126:3



1 comment:

  1. I love the wall hooks! I made two similar to that. They came from one big piece of molding that was on the top of a doorway in someone's home. Now, one is a coat rack in the living room and another is in the bathroom. It gave me an excuse to get a couple of cute knobs from Anthropologie. They are expensive but only getting 2 (instead of a whole dresser's worth) wasn't too bad.

    ReplyDelete