a "growing" gift.

Today is Easton's last day of pre-K...wiping away the tears now. He is growing up so fast, and sometimes I wish I could just freeze him and keep him as my sweet little boy forever.

But, since I can't ;  ( and he just keeps growing into a little man, I thought I would give his teachers and bus drivers a "growing" gift for all they have done to help him grow into the smart, kind, caring, curious, special person he is today.

I turned to my love Pinterest, and found this idea. A flowering plant in a beautiful pot. I decided not to "plant" the flower in the pot so that they could take it out and plant it in their yard if they wanted to. I created a simple little tag from colorful coordinating scrapbook paper and tied it on with a matching ribbon.



The planters were Better Homes and Gardens brand that I found at the Dollar Tree for only $1! ;  ) Don't they just look like they're worth more than $1? I thought so too.



The card was just a sweet little note thanking them for helping Easton "grow" this year!



Since I am on a tight budget right now, I wanted an elegant gift that was also very meaningful. Total cost for 6 pots and 6 flowers...$8! Rad huh!?


Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it. ~Proverbs 22:6






No comments:

Post a Comment