Barbie and the Dreamhouse!

Remember this post back in December where I did this little DIY update? Well, I never actually posted about what it was for....so without further ado, presenting my little girls' DIY Barbie Dreamhouse!

 

It took a lot of blood, sweat and tears to pull together, but we did it! Okay, so I really didn't shed any blood, didn't really sweat (it was Winter-time), but I really did tear up to see the girls' excitement at its reveal on Christmas morning.



See what I mean. This Dream House was a big project, but that reaction made it totally worth it.

To pull it all together, we started with a simple hutch top.

 
 
We added shelf extensions to give the girls more playing room and glued those on,

 
 
and then sprayed it all white to give it a good base to start with.



I added "wallpaper" using pretty scrapbook papers in various themed prints that I glued on. The flooring is carpet in the bedroom, hounds tooth-print shelf liner in the kitchen, wood print scrapbook paper in the living room, grass looking scrapbook paper in the outdoor area, more shelf liner in the bathroom and dressing room, and real linoleum sticky tiles in the garage.


Bathroom


Outdoor area


Bedroom
 
Bedroom


The furniture and accessories were collected over the year from yard sales, Target and Michael's.


Dressing room


Living Room


Kitchen and Dining Room
 
Here's a video of the Barbie Dream House in action...apparently the mom has gone missing! She was probably hiding in the bathroom sipping on a martini detoxing from all the Christmas chaos. LOL.



What are some DIY projects you have taken on recently?

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful gift for your children! I remember making a barbie house in my closet when I was a child. I sew all the clothes for my dolls. Never thought that as an adult I would be able to make my own 1/6 scale dollroomboxes and furniture :) Do you still have this dollhouse? There are some great Yutube video's on making barbie furniture etc these days.I also buy Barbiefurniture on fleemarkets and customise it( never liked that everything was pink )so I paint it etc.

    ReplyDelete