Support System

This morning has just been awful! From my husband calling me saying he was sick and I had to take the kids to their respective places this morning (Reagan to my mother-in-law's and Easton to school) to Reagan spitting up and pooping all over herself and me to my outside cat bolting in the house as I was leaving (and I had to chase her down) to not finding a parking place when I got to work, it hasn't been a great morning. It kind of sounds trivial when I write it all down, but we have all been there more than once!

Anyway, I am finding that what gets me through the day is my support system of family and friends, and people who are in a similar situation as us. Just yesterday, I ran into a professor at the college where I work. I already knew that her son is autistic, and he is the cutest and sweetest little boy. We got to talking, and because I knew of her situation, I brought up the fact that Easton's pediatrician thinks he is autistic. She and I talked for a good while about her son, my son, their differences, their similarities, and so on. It was good to know that I have someone to talk to who knows exactly what I am feeling as a mom who has a son with delays.

Once I got back to my office, I had a long email from her with names and numbers of different doctors her family has used for her son, tips and advice, and just goodwill of "I know how you feel." She offered to be a shoulder I could lean on if I needed her...because that's what moms do.

I am thankful for people like her who know what it's like, and I am so thankful for the family and friends that support us each and every day.

Well, our next adventure is the dentist. Easton has some teeth issues now, so I will let everyone know soon enough how that goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment