Don't Worry. Be Happy!

Wow. I have neglected the blog for exactly a week now. It's not that I didn't want to post; I just got really busy and caught up in my daily life.

Some new happenings in my life:

For the last few weeks, I have had some emotional and physical issues (anxiety, insomnia, hair loss, mood swings), so I went to see the doctor to get myself checked out. The verdict...she said it could be one of two things: I might have a thyroid problem or it's just post-post-partum depression. So, she drew my blood to check my thyroid levels and she started me on some anti-anxiety/depression medicine.

I know some people say you should be hush-hush about depression, but I feel like it will be easier for me to deal with it if I talk about it. I am not ashamed. It's just one of those things you can't help and that just happens sometimes.

In Easton news:

We have seen some improvement in his speech. He is more willing to say things now, especially when we give him a cue, ie "Tell Daddy, 'Have a good day'!" He is trying really hard; however, he still won't answer any questions besides if we ask him if he wants yogurt or if he wants to go outside.

He is still in speech and occupational therapy on Fridays, and we hope to see some greater progress soon!

Newest update: just found out he passed his hearing evaluation afterall! The County Preschool Intervention said he passed but will need further evaluation in 6 months! So, now we are on a waiting list for him to be put in the County's therapy program for the fall.

What about Reagan?

She is still a DIVA! and a ton of fun. She loves to laugh and giggle and coo! She's currently working on rolling over...she's almost got it! These last few nights have been a blessing! She has slept from 8:30 p.m. until after 6 a.m. without waking up through the night. I am still waking up though wondering why she hasn't woken up! :  )

What's ahead?

This weekend should be a ton of fun. From family get togethers to egg  hunts to Easter bunny pictures, I can't wait! Pictures of that will come next week!

1 comment: