Oh My Chinny, Chin, Chin!

Lately when Easton gets upset or frustrated about something, he says "Oh my chinny, chin, chin!" He picked it up from a cartoon show called Super Why, which featured an episode about the big bad wolf and the three little pigs. It's really cute when he says it...at least he is communicating instead of just whining!

I have been so frustrated lately I want to just say "Oh my chinny, chin, chin!" too. Our latest adventure has been trying to get Easton into the public school version of speech therapy.
The advantages: not only is it free, but they have the children come twice a week for therapy. (The private therapy is only once a week for 30 minutes each time, and our insurance only pays for up to 20 sessions)
The disadvantages: getting into the public school version is like try to conquer an obstacle course blind-folded. They make it SOOOO difficult to get in...but I will do anything for my little guy!
One of the big problems we are having right now is getting Easton's hearing evaluation done. Which is a feat! He doesn't like the earphones in his ears, and he doesn't understand the directions they are giving him on what to do. I just want to scream "That's why we are trying to get him into this program people! He's not going to cooperate because he doesn't understand!" We are going to try to go one more time (this Friday), and if he still won't do it, then we are going to have to beg and plead to our doctor to sign some kind of provisional certificate for him.

 "Oh my chinny, chin, chin!" Give me patience please!

No comments:

Post a Comment