wanting to love laundry.

Next up on my project list to keep my mind off my crazy life...the laundry room.

It's currently in an awful state right now. We have this beautiful front-loader washer/dryer pair that I waited in line for one Black Friday when I was NINE months preggers (yes, I am crazy like that), but they are getting hidden by our ever-growing population of stuff, junk, neccessities, whatever you want to call it. We basically just don't have good storage in our 40 year old home.

I want to post a photo of it, but it really is like the WWIII of laundry rooms. It's a complete disaster.

So, anyway.

Here's what my DREAM laundry room would look like. Our space it not layed out like this and we are working around a water heater, but this is just gorgeous to me and I am using it for the ultimate inspiration. Things I DO love most are the counter tops, the upper cabinets and that lovely sink.



For lighting, I would love to do a DIY like this by Young House Love...a clothespin chandelier!



I am thinking about adding a little dedicated area in there for our laptop and printer. Right now, our laptop sits in the living room, propped up on the tv cabinet, and our printer is upstairs in the guest bedroom. Not a very condusive setup for coupon printing or anything for that matter. This little space would work great!



I love the colors in this photo. If any of you know me, you know I love my turquoise. I already have a rug exactly like this one, so this is a great jumping point for color inspiration!



I am also thinking about doing the upper cabinets white, and the lowers in a turquoise like these. Wouldn't that be so pretty. It's just a laundry room. I need to be motivated and happy to do laundry, and I think these cabinets would give me those feelings...aaaahhhh. I already feel like I want to do 10 loads of laundry just looking at this. Seriously. I am not kidding. Okay. Maybe not 10. 5? ;  )


Well, I hope to show you some pics really soon. My dad has already started ripping off the old 70s paneling and I hope to help in some sort of way soon too. Until then!


Soak me in your laundry and I'll come out clean, scrub me and I'll have a snow-white life. ~Psalm 51:7

 

2 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful laundry room. That might give me inspiration, too. I need more room in there but don't know how to get it. I need torearrange something and don't take the time. Right now- my focus is on the framing project you know about!!! Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks interesting! Great inspiration source. Your LR has enough space to do most of this. I like the sink between the W&D. I think that a natural wood butcher block counter would look good with the white cabinets. Hope to get going on it next week.
    Dad/Poppa

    ReplyDelete