Something to look forward to...

A friend of mine recently posted this status on her Facebook page:

I do believe I have the sweetest little boy in the world!!! He woke from his nap, crawled up in my lap and looked up at me with his little grin and said, "I dreamed of you mommy!"

It was a bittersweet moment for me while I was reading this. I was so happy for her that her little boy expressed his love like this to her; however, it made me sad at the same time. Her little boy just recently turned 2 years old, and my little boy is now 3--I have never heard words like this come from his mouth. He's never said "I love you" or anything like that. The closest thing I have gotten to that is him saying "Mommy" and then hugging me... and I cherish those moments I do get with him expressing his love this way.

I know he does love me and shows it other ways; and I am pretty sure he understands how much I love him. Along with all the hugs and kisses I give him each day, I always look into his eyes him tell him that I love him so much...I look so forward to the day that his sweet little lips say those words back to me.

1 comment:

  1. And he will say it. I read all those things on babycenter that say how babies to kids express their love to you, like picking a flower and giving it to you, giving you a drawing they made, or giving you a rock. I always wondered Madison would give me all those rocks she picked up- what was I going to do with them??? Look on there and it may also give you some comfort as to things kids do to show their love. He will say it in his own time, and you also have those first words of Reagan to look forward to as well.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete