no checks off that to-do list . . .

Well, I managed to not get one single piddly ole' thing crossed off my to-do list. Life just gets in your way sometimes you know...

We did get a leaky toilet fixed, the driveway blown off, a million loads of clothes washed, kids bathroom cleaned, and so on and so on. I won't bore you.

Okay, Lauren, focus. In regards to the to-list, I got started on one of the projects: The Gallery Wall...refer to the blank wall pictured here...


and here.


This blank wall is to the right of the front door when you walk in and to the left of the front door when you leave, okay...duh. It's also the wall between the living room and eating area. It has needed some love for a long time, say, oh, 10 years maybe? In comes my bright idea, kudos to Pinterest, for a gallery wall. 

Fast forward to this weekend. I gather up all our ugly old, mostly brown (yuck), frames.


Some are cheap plastic.


Some are really old and wood.


Some were even metal (these actually held the paint the best too).


I start reviving them with a nice coat of FLAT white paint (gloss would compete with the glare of the glass I think).



I even hit this baby with a coat of ...a nice, can I say BRIGHT, color. No, I didn't paint that cute little boy; I painted the letter!


I've started laying things out, and tomorrow I hope to show it to you, mostly finished and hung on the wall. Not all the frames are filled yet, and I still need to add a lot more. There are just so many awesome pics to choose from!

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6


No comments:

Post a Comment