a new kind of workout.

I love my children. I love them dearly. And I love spending time with them. Because we are are a strict budget, a gym membership is not something that I can take advantage of right now...but heck, I've got to make lemonade out of oranges, so I came up with my own "Use My Kids as a Workout" workout. 

1. The first being "Swing Lunges"

Start by pushing the child in the swing and lunging forward. Then as the child swings forward bring your self back to standing position. Have your distance for standing position far away enough so that as the swing comes forward, the swing barely touches you if at all. Alternate legs for lunges. 

Do as many as you want or until you start to feel it hurt!

2. "Swing Squats"

Still using the swing and your standing position used with the lunges, as you push the child, do a level squat keeping your arms stretched out and parallel to the ground. As the swing comes forward, jump from squatting position and point your toes and keep your arms to your side, and say "peek-a-boo" to your child. Land back into the squat position as the child swings back. 

*You don't necessarily have to push the child each time you squat because as you give them one good push, they should have enough swing momentum to last through several squats.

Do as many as you want or until you start to feel it hurt!

3. "Wagon Sprints"

This one so almost self explanatory in the name, but I'll still explain. On a relatively flat part of your yard at one end, put your children in a wagon, one that has seatbelts or safety straps to hold them in. With left, or right hand, start running and pulling the wagon until you reach the end of your yard. Switch to using the opposite hand and repeat (switching hands will work each side of the body more intensely). 

You can do this only a few times before you start to feel the burn!!!

She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong. ~Proverbs 31:17





No comments:

Post a Comment