TERRarium-IFFIC!

In my junior and senior years of high school, and in my freshman and sophomore years of college, I worked at a local family-owned garden center. And since then, I have been in major love with all things plants, indoor and outdoor, flowering and non-flowering, you get the point.

Succulents, however, have deeply fascinated me for a long time, but because I don't really have that much experience with them, I was ever sure how I could incorporate them into my decor. Well, along comes Pinterest...you rock my world by the way Pinterest...and this tutorial. She made the cutest succulent terrarium, and from there, she had me at terr...

So, of course, I just had to make succulent terrarium of my own. In comes the World's Longest Yard Sale trip that I took with my mom in early August. I found this beauty...for only $10...and it totally inspired me to create the succulent terrarium of my dreams. ;  ) 




So, in the quickest tutorial you will ever read, here's how to assemble your own terrarium:

Get some clean pebbles/rocks/gravel, indoor potting soil, an apothecary-type jar, and 3-4 succulent plants (this really just depends on the size of your jar, and mine is huge!)



Visually divide your jar into thirds. All together, your rocks and soil combined should take up no more than 1/3 of your jar.

Layer in your rocks...



and then add in the soil.



Next, is the fun part. Dig tiny little holes in the soil with your hand...yes, you gotta get those hands dirty...and arrange your succulents to your liking. I actually had two leftover that I am going to put into another smaller jar.



And there you have it! A new item to your decor that is TERRarium-IFFIC!





Just put it in a place that has a LOT of light, and water it with a couple of spritzes from a water-only spray bottle once or twice a week. Easy schmeezy!
  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment