an all-American T-shirt tutorial.

I couldn't leave Easton out of the festivities when making shirts for the 4th. This was an idea that I kind of actually thought of myself...can't give you complete credit this time Pinterest....even though if I searched enough I probably could find this done by someone somewhere already.

This is going to be the easiest tutorial you've ever heard for making a modern DIY shirt for a little boy. Please note: I KNOW this doesn't include Alaska and Hawaii, but it's just what I did. You'll get over it. ;  )

Here's the final result! My handsome man!


Supplies:
Thread (color depends on fabric you choose for the map)
A T-shirt in your child's size
A bandana (or whatever festive fabric you choose)
Applique letters that spell out U S A.

1. Print out an image of a map of the United States that is proportionate to the T-shirt you are using, cut out.
2. Trace the United States map onto the bandana, cut out.
3. Position where you want the map on the shirt and attach with straight pins.
4. Sew around the edges, about a 1/8 inch in from the edge. I went over this about two times so my edge would show up more. It probably could have used a few more times.
5. Sew on (or in my case, iron-on) the applique letters.
6. I washed the shirt at this point so the edges of the map would fray.
7. You're done!

Isn't he a cutie? My little All-American boy. Love him!

No comments:

Post a Comment