Mirror, Mirror on the Wall

When we approached our master bedroom update last fall, I wanted to make it as affordable as possible so I sold our old furniture on Craigslist to make the money to fund it. I got inspiration off Pinterest and magazines like HGTV.

Since I am so narcisistic and love to look at myself, yeah right, I knew we just had to have a beautiful mirror like one of these in our room.




 
These were all on Joss & Main and were unfortunately waaaaaay, waaaaaay, did I say way? out of my price range. Then I found this tutorial on how to make my own...and I did!
 
via
 
What did it entail? Two packs of wood shims, a plywood circle cut in the diameter that would fit our space, a mirror half the diameter of the wood circle (found in the clearance section of a local store), paint, glue and a picture hanger.
 
Here's my little helper "helping" me put it all together!
 
 
 
Basically I spaced the shims out to the spacing I thought looked best, marked them, and glued them back down. I then painted the whole thing. I added a picture hanger to the back, and THEN I glued the mirror down with heavy construction adhesive (it was marked safe for mirrors). And voila!
 


 
What way have you re-imagined a project recently?
 


No comments:

Post a Comment