Why Not?

Yesterday I had my first ever TWO-sided conversation with Easton, who turned 3 years old 4 days ago.

Here’s how it went:

Easton: (handing me the remote control) You want George? (meaning –I want to watch Curious George)

Me: No, we are not going to watch George this morning.

Easton: Why not? (in his cute, yet whiney voice)

Me: Because you don’t learn anything from George.

Easton: Awwww! (and he walks off)

It’s progress! We are working really hard to limit Easton’s television watching because of his language development delay. We have seen a lot of changes in him these last couple of weeks with less tv watching, and I know it’s not us imagining it. He really is talking more…we may not always understand what he’s talking about, but the key is that he is developing those language skills!

1 comment:

  1. That's wonderful, and exciting! When they can talk to you, it's like a whole new world has opened up!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete